TeachersFirst Advisory Council
Share your experience and ideas. Be a voice for classroom teachers.
TeachersFirst is seeking volunteer educators who are passionate about integrating technology in K12 classrooms. The TeachersFirst Advisory Council provides input and guidance to TeachersFirst to ensure the content and services we create and deliver remain high-quality, relevant, and valued resources for K-12 educators.
Description of the Commitment
Advisory Council members will be asked to:
- Contribute ideas for new content on the TeachersFirst website
- Make suggestions for changes and enhancements to existing content
- Share issues circulating “in the trenches”
- Recommend new or additional resources and services
- Share questions and thoughts about technology integration
- Build TeachersFirst’s awareness of the diversity of teacher needs and interests
- Explore similarities and differences in curriculum and emphasis by locale, governance, and level
Advisory Council members serve two-year terms. Required activities include:
- Attending two virtual council meetings annually
- Completing any follow-up activities after each council meeting
The Advisory Council is comprised of up to 25 educators from across all levels of education—from Pre-K to teacher education—drawn from a variety of academic disciplines and a wide geographic range across the United States.
Applicants must be practicing, licensed teachers or teacher educators (college faculty), preferably with K-12 teaching experience, and should also have a working knowledge of TeachersFirst.
If you are interested in joining this advisory council, please fill out this form. Application deadline is September 30, 2017.