OK2Ask Twitter Chats
Named one of the “40 education Twitter chats worth your time”
See this ISTE blog post by Diana Fingal
Twitter chats provide educators with an opportunity to connect and grow their PLN (personal learning network) based on shared interests. A Twitter chat or tweet chat is a live, real-time, Twitter event where a group of Twitter users meet at a predetermined time to discuss a specific topic, using a designated hashtag, in our case, #OK2Ask.
Twitter chats are a great way for educators to:
- Connect with other educators
- Exchange ideas
- Learn about hot new topics & trends
- Share best practices
- Reach out for help
- Provide assistance
Twitter chats are ‘pajama-compatible’ professional learning events that provide a great non-threatening way to meet new people with similar interests. While you can participate without contributing to the conversation, you will get more from the activity if you share. Keep in mind that traditional networking social customs apply — courtesy and respect.
TeachersFirst hosts bi-monthly Twitter Chats @SFLOK2Ask using #OK2Ask. See our schedule of upcoming topics below. Whether you are a new, seasoned, or veteran educator and/or twitter user, these sessions are for you!
Click here for more information about how to participate in our Twitter chats.
September 6 • 8PM ET: Tech Tools for Parent Communication
- Define and explore basic principles of effective communication
- Share ways to share classroom experiences with parents
- Share tech tools to facilitate school/home communication
September 20 • 8PM ET: Tech Tools for Collaboration
- Discuss the importance of building collaboration skills in the classroom
- Discuss ways to integrate tech tools to foster student collaboration
- Share tech tools that engage students in collaborative learning experiences
October 4 • 8PM ET: Make That MakerSpace!
- Define and discuss the basic components of a makerspace
- Discuss technology integration into makerspaces
- Explore digital options to use in your makerspace area
October 18 • 8PM ET: Engage, Enhance, Extend: Creating Authentic Lessons
- Explore the main components of the Triple E Framework
- Discuss ways to successfully integrate technology into lessons
- Share resources to leverage authentic engagement in the classroom
November 1 • 8PM ET: Personalize That Learning!
- Define personalized learning and its characteristics
- Share tech tools that aid in creating a personalized learning environment
- Share resources to help with lesson planning which incorporates personalized learning
November 15 • 8PM ET: Coding 101
- Explore fundamentals of coding and creation
- Discuss ways to use technology to inspire our students to problem solve and think critically
- Share tech tools to help teachers introduce coding
December 6 • 8PM ET: Using Social Media to Increase Student Engagement
- Discuss the benefits of using social media to increase student engagement
- Share ways to utilize social media to foster global learning experiences
- Share helpful resources to begin to incorporate more social media into daily lessons
December 20 • 8PM ET: Inclusive Technology
- Discuss the need for technology that meets the diverse needs of our learners
- Share tech tools that can aid in differentiating the learning environment
- Brainstorm possible solutions to the challenge of meeting the needs of all students
Access archives of past chats here.
Want to receive reminder emails about our Twitter Chats? Sign up below: